Thermocraft series of garage doors is manufactured utilizing the very latest in modern technology.This unique fully automated process produces a section with steel inner and outer skin,spaced 1 3 /4″apart,on the model T16,and 1 1 /8″apart on the T12.This space is then filled with a polyurethane foam for insulation and rigidity.A thermal break separates the two skins.To eliminate air and wind infiltration,a full width all-weather seal is installed.All these features add up to an energy efficient door that provides durability,strength,security and lasting beauty.
Features on the Thermocraft T12 and T16 Garage Doors:
- Hot-dip galvanized steel with wood grain finish for rust-resistant protection and maintenance free.It will outlast the cheaper electro-galvanized steel.
- A continuous weather-seal between the sections and a thermal break stops frost and moisture from collecting on the inside of the door in cold weather and eliminates air and wind infiltration.
- Each door section is mechanically interlocked (Patent Pending)along its entire length to ensure there is no delamination of the steel from the urethane.A feature only found with Thermocraft.
- A foamed in-place polyurethane core provides the maximum resistance to inclement weather. No other insulation offers a higher R-value. Polyurethane insulation produces twice the insulation value of styrofoam which is being used to insulate the typical garage door.
- A continuous, smooth seamless white interior/exterior steel sheet is easy to clean,brightens the interior of the garage and gives added strength.
- A baked-on,two coat white-white polyester finish paint that does not require painting.However it may be painted to match your home.
- A U-shaped bottom weatherseal helps seal out the elements and conform to minor floor irregularities.
- Steel end caps protect and seal the section as well as provide a smooth sealing surface for the side weather strip. The steel end caps,combined with the continuous steel backing plates,provide durable hinge attachment. No wood center and end stiles to rot.
- Top quality,heavy duty rollers that ensure long life and smooth quiet operation.
- The bonded sandwich construction gives the door a tough,solid exterior while the rigid foam core makes it dent resistant.
- Heavy duty galvanized hardware with tapered track for proper alignment and maximum sealing. Torsion springs that are computer balanced allow for each of operation.